- This event has passed.
INCLUSIVE ROBOTIC CYCLE AND BRAIN-MACHINE TECHNOLOGIES
September 11 - September 12
INBOTS, in collaboration with EXTEND Project (Bidirectional Hyper-Connected Neural System) are organizing a conference at the exhibition Hello, Robot
Robotics and brain-machine interfaces are part of these disruptive technologies that are developing at great speed and whose potential for transforming society is enormous. At the same time, they open up promising opportunities in areas such as medicine, work, care, administration… they raise important ethical, legal and political questions. In this cycle that we are starting now, following the exhibition Hello, Robot, we will tackle questions such as what ethics are needed for this new scenario, how to develop inclusive, sustainable and socially responsible technologies, how these disruptive technologies affect the self-understanding of human beings, or what consequences they will have on the labour market, among others.
DAY 1 (Wednesday 11 September 2019):
- Presentation of the teaser of the Documentary on Inclusive Robotics
Daniel López Castro (IFS-CSIC), Director of the documentary.
- Round table: Do androids dream of electric sheep? Myths, realities, ethics and robotics law.
- José Luis Pons (Cajal Institute-CSIC).
- Amparo Grau (Complutense University of Madrid).
- Aníbal Monasterio Astobiza (UPV/EHU).
- Arantxa Rentería (TECNALIA)
Moderator: Txetxu Ausín (IFS-CSIC)
DAY 2 (Thursday, 12 September 2019):
- – Round table: How far do new neurotechnologies go? Expectations, risks and opportunities.
- Filipe Barroso (Cajal Institute-CSIC)
- Manuel Aparicio (UMU)
- Ricardo Morte Ferrer (UGR)
- Belén Andreu (CEBES)
Moderator: Mario Toboso (IFS-CSIC)
See the agenda (spanish)